As a patient, you have the right
· To be treated with respect, including recognition of personal beliefs and values.
· To receive care in a setting and environment committed to patient safety.
· To privacy and confidentiality.
· To know the identity of providers, nurses, and others involved in your care.
· To information presented in terms you can understand, including treatment and care options.
· To be involved in decisions regarding your health care plan.
· To reasonable access to health care.
· To access health care records according to the Desert Senita Community Health Center’s policy and procedure.
· To be heard if problems, complaints, or grievances arise.
· To be informed of charges for services as well as payment options.
· To change your provider if other qualified providers are available.
As a patient, you have a responsibility
· To provide complete medial information to your health care providers.
· To ask questions so that you have a clear understanding.
· To make informed decisions.
· To report any changes in your health.
· To understand your health problems and to follow agreed upon plans and instructions for your care.
· To recognize the impact of your lifestyle choices on your personal health.
· To keep scheduled appointments, reschedule in a timely manner, or cancel your appointment within 24 hours of appointment time.
· To respect the rights, privacy, and confidentiality of other patients and clinic personnel.
· To accept financial obligations and understand your health insurance benefits.
· To inform your providers about any living will, medial power of attorney, or other directive that could affect your care.
· To be photographed one time and have that photo placed in your chart for identification purposes OR:
· To be prepared to show photo identification at each visit for patients 18 years or older.