Welcome to your Patient Centered Medical Home
A team-based approach that puts YOU at the center of your healthcare.
At Desert Senita, we believe that healthy people create healthy communities.
Our mission is to improve the health of our communities by providing the highest level of primary and preventive care, making it affordable for everyone and operating in an environmentally responsible manner.
The Patient Centered Medical Home is a cornerstone of making that vision a reality.
We’re glad you’re here!
What is a Medical Home?
Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a team-based partnership that works with you to identify your health goals and assist you in meeting them.
Who’s on Your Team?
Your primary care provider leads your team and ensures you receive the
continuity of care that creates lifelong health. Other members of your team may include nurses, medical assistants or social workers depending on your needs. The team also includes specialists you may be working with from other health organizations such as a cardiologist or hospital staff
What are the Benefits of PCMH?
The Patient Centered Medical Home offers:
- Comprehensive care to address your health care needs
- Coordinated care to save you time and money by avoiding duplicating tests or treatments
- Continuous care for every stage of your life
- Proactive planning to help you achieve your individual health goals
- A team that gets to know you and can offer you your best health options based on evidence-based care
- A team that treats you as a full partner in your care and explains all care options until you are comfortable
- Increased access and convenience from the use of electronic and on-line tools like our Patient Portal
Your Role in Your Team
The PCMH model encourages you to be an active participant in your own health and well-being.
- Prepare for your visit by writing down your questions or symptoms
- Be as honest as possible and provide your complete medical history and a list of all your current medications and vitamins
- Ask questions. If you don’t understand information we give you, we will be happy to explain it differently
- When you get care from specialists or other health professionals, always tell your medical home team
- Tell your team if you are having trouble sticking to your plan of care. We will make changes together for your plan to be successful
- Treat your team as your partner so that together we can reach your best health